Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The Internet Link

Howdy from the land of talcum powder and stinky socks!!

I have seen alot of changes in my 56 years, yea I know, not as much as my mother has seen and a lead pipe cinch not as much as Grandpa and Grandma saw. But I have seen some big changes.From how mobile we are , to how we throw things away, to our attitudes towards every value humans have.One of the biggest changes I have seen is the Internet.

I have always thought the Internet was the damnation of mankind.For a long time I hated everything about it. Mostly that came from being scared of it and what it could do to people.From I guy that can still type with just two fingers and an occasional thumb , I can tell ya there is a lot of good and bad that comes from the world wide web.One of the best things about it I think is it has linked us all together.

Yep, from the hick Cowboy in Texas to the college student in a war torn country reporting to the world what is happening to the man paddling the dug out in the Amazon River to the College Professor in California and back to the cowboy in Texas.Just that damn fast , the news, the information,the idea and the support flies. WHAT A DEAL!! We now have the whole world's information stores at our finger tips ( and my thumb too).We are linked together. We can find the difference between FACT,FICTION and PERCEPTION.We are all links in the chain.We are now , more than ever, linked together.

The best thing I have discovered about the Internet is the link I have with people who are willing to pull me in the right direction.I have noticed that some folks want to push you into everything. A few will pull you along with support and encouragement.My Dad was a PUSHER my MOM a Puller. Now there is a lot of Pushers on the WEB, way more than Pullers. But if ya read enough and research enough it soon become evident which is which.Most of the Pushers have something to sell--- a book, a vitamin or a plan.

The Puller is the leader---he says come with me , together we can learn this,this is why I say this.
The Pusher is the autocrat(bet ya didn't think I knew words like that)---he says, be reasonable, do it my way(sounds like some politicians and TV evangelists don't it).

I have had Pushers try and make me lose weight. I know they meant well, but I resisted.It took a Puller (several in fact)to convince me I could do this trip.One of the strong Pullers is Muata---what a leader!! "come with me he said,together we will learn how ,you have to find your path, this is how I did mine but there are many ways".

It is a good damn thing Al Gore invented the Internet or I would have missed out on some really important Pullers-----I wonder if I owe a thank you note to Al?

Stay with me, stay linked together, we are a strong chain, we can succeed.

Pearl of Wisdom from the mind of WEL
It is far easier to pull a chain than it is to push one.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bill,

    I was just telling a co-worker today with the amount of data available in our company (I work for a telco), it is hard to find the information we need sometimes.

    Now that the internet has grown so much and we can get our news from so many sources, we have become like journalists have always been... you know trying to validate stories with logic and then other sources before we start believing something is possible...

    Anyway yes Muata is a great puller... and he speaks plain English. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. John,I really appreciate all your comments.It is good to know others have the same thoughts and the same hills to climb.

    We need to start a convention.
    Bill

    ReplyDelete