Thursday, December 31, 2009

Rear view mirror

Howdy from the land of a spent new year and hopes in high gear!!

The year is gone, the next one coming.Man time flies when you are having fun.

I have taken some time to look behind me this year . While I did not get as far down the fat loss highway as I would have liked, I did get closer to my destination.While looking in the rear view mirror I found:

I walked 465.5 miles on the track at lunch
I started the year with 20 lbs. in my pack , today I will be carrying 34lbs.
I walked around 55 hours on the treadmill at the house
I did BWE 103 times
I started the year being able to do 3 sets of 7 pushups and can now do 3 sets of 25
I started the year worried I could never break 250 lbs , my lowest weigh in has been 214
I dropped 35+ pounds of fat

You will notice each of the items above started with "I". Now I should tell ya right now I did not do this all on my own. I did have help, in the form of encouragement, support,love,ridicule and insults. All of these things helped to keep me driving on. Because of all of these things I endeavor to persevere.

I want to thanks some of the folks that have helped me down the road.I will most likely forget someone ( I am old) so don't get your panties in a knot.

Thanks to: Janet for looking out the window and biting her lip and for giving me someone to love,Muata for the connection and encouragement,Tessa for the compliments,Mac for the man to man,Lelia for one of my first thoughts of "maybe I can" ,Andy for the kind words on the track,Lori for the inspiration in the hall,to all that have read my little blog,to the feller who told me I was a liar--I ain't, to the man that told me I was a dumbass---I could be but don't think so , and finally to all those people that have said "WOW good job" it made me feel like moving more.

So there you have a look in the rear view mirror for 2009. I guess after while we will put this year to bed.Grandpa would say it is just about time to piss on the fire and call in the dogs.

I have decided to make one (1) New Years Resolution------that being----2010 I WILL LOOK FORWARD.

Be safe , eat less , move more , laugh a lot , do the right thing.

Pearl of Wisdom form the mind of WEL
Don't put the key to happiness in someone else's pocket, best to keep it in your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment