Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year

Howdy from the land of small blue bonnets and new calorie burners!

Yep the little bitty Blue Bonnets can be seen here and there in the grass. It should be a banner year for wild flowers this year---the signs are right.

I got me a new back pack yesterday and I have devised a new calorie burning scheme for Sunday mornings.

As of right now, I am carrying 36 pounds in my vest at lunch.I added 2 pounds Thursday for the month of January.

So, I just had to have a good back pack before we go to Van Horn this year. And , BAM!!, Cabela's had just what I was in such a desperate need of.Anyway, I plan on dropping a 50 pound sack of shelled corn in the Eblerstock pack on Sunday morning and walk out toward the highway. From the barn , down the county road, it is about 2.8 miles. I think it will take 2-3 weeks but I hope I can make the trip and not have to call Janet on the cell phone to come get me---LOL

Pearl of Wisdom from the mind of WEL
TIME may be the great healer, but it is a lousy beautician.

No comments:

Post a Comment