Thursday, December 16, 2010

Monkey see Monkey do?

Howdy from the land of frost burnt Bermuda grass and fire side chairs!

Dr.J had article about childhood obesity and exercise on his Calorielab site. It raised questions in my mind. Do fat parents raise fat kids or does exercises mean less fat kids?

Well, I have said many times , I am not a Doctor nor a Scientist , I'm just a guy with a fair measure of common sense.It does seem to me that parents set examples for their kids to learn by.The kids learn values from not only their parents but from lots of folks they spend time with---parents,friends,teachers even the folks at the store.One thing I know for sure is the more time you spend with your kids the better the chances they pick up your values------which can be good or bad! Like it or not we do set an example.

My kids saw me over eat and heard me say "give me some more desert" too many times in their lives. Now don't get me wrong, not all kids that have fat parents grow up to be fat. The kids do have a mind and the ability to think and reason but the things they learn as "normal" at a very early age can really be hard to over come latter in life.

After all--------Monkey see monkey do.

Let's do something good for the next generation and look at our self to see if we can set a better example for the next Monkey.We are a lazy society and seem to be getting lazier by the year.

Maybe just maybe the best answer for this childhood obesity is "Monkey see Monkey do"??

Pearl of Wisdom form the Mind of WEL
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public.

No comments:

Post a Comment