Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Raging River

Howdy from the land of hills and valleys!

"You can not predict tomorrow and yesterday is done and gone, you only control today. The raging river is always in the way."

That is a line from a poem by Red Stegall.In many ways it can be used for everyday life.The challenges we encounter are like the Raging River.Ole Red says the river ain't too bad or too wide if we prepare.We can build our self a bridge or a boat and get across the river.BUT if we turn around we are the victim of defeat----and that young man ain't good.

I encourage anyone to learn how to face your Raging River and find your way across. I have read and listened to success stories from people that had real challenges to over come.The one common method in all of those folks----they kept on plodding one foot in front of they other.

Sure we take wrong turns , we fall down, we slide back ---and sometimes we just got to rest----then we take one more step.

Face your river, it ain't all that bad.

Pearl of Wisdom from the Mind of WEL
The older I get, the fewer things I find worth waiting in line for.

2 comments:

  1. I've long liked the Jimmy Cliff song, "Many Rivers to Cross!" It usually has a but of a sad tone. I did once hear a version that I can't find where it was sung with a Oh yeah, another river, I'm crossing it!! style. I liked that even more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got to get across each one or fall victim to defeat. Thanks Pal

    ReplyDelete