Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Last lap

Howdy from the Land of approaching heat waves and swimming pool dreams!

Well, I went around the track 10 laps on my bike at lunch. There was no wind and I felt like I was going as fast as shit thru a goose. I felt pretty good.

I am gonna say today was the last lap for a while.I get one new knee next Tuesday and I am gonna take it easy and mow the grass again this week.

I have been really laying a plan out for when I get back from the hospital so I can continue to burn a few more calories than I take in. My plan may need to be kneaded but the main product is to come out with a new technique not a vacation.

I'll touch base next week when I get home.

Pearl of Wisdom from the mind of WEL
The only way I'm giving up is when someone pries defeat from my dead fingers.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with the operation Bill. Having cared for my mother through three different knee replacements, on the same knee, I can tell you that you should take your time before getting back up in the saddle ;)

    Be mindful of the quantity of food you're eating, and you'll be find my friend. More than anything else, don't stress yourself out while you're healing. Give yourself a good 8 months to a year before your knee is fully healed.

    Hang in there partner!!!

    Muata

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muata, I think it will all work out.Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your surgery went well today, Bill!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom got a new knee last Friday and it's a tough operation. Hope you are healing well! :)

    ReplyDelete