Monday, October 24, 2011

2 left feet

Howdy from the land of chuck wagon cook offs and mesquite camp fires!

We had the chance to take in Red Stegall's Cowboy Gathering at the Historic Fort Worth Stockyards this weekend.Man they had a crowd show up for that event.A grand time was had by all.

Today I was just a boogiety boogieing around the track at lunch. I had 32 pounds in my vest and I was moving at a right fine clip. One of the joggers was coming up behind me and she wears a Walkman/Ipod/Music Box of some kind. Well, she does not wear ear phones so I can hear the music when she gets real close. Now I don't have real keen hearing so I always walk by myself, so I don't have to try to listen to folks jabber( and I'm slow).Anyhow, here she comes and the music just a humming.So, what does smart ass do??I did what any self respecting show off would do----I point both index fingers out to the side and start dancing and walking----grooving, I tell ya. And then it happened, she starts laughing, I start laughing and both my left feet go to the same place on the track at the same damn time!

The smart ass did not bust his ass, but he gave her something to laugh about. She was still laughing when she came back around after passing me.Well, I recovered and managed to survive.

After I got thru laughing at myself I finished my walk without any more adventures.

Being a smart ass continues to get me in a pickle, seems somethings never change.

Pearl of Wisdom form the Mind of WEL
ADVENTURE = showing poor judgement and surviving

1 comment:

  1. I've had some fun interactions with other outdoor exercisers too! We all are in that circus together, buddy :-)

    Good for you!

    ReplyDelete