Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Momentum is powerful

Howdy from the land of howling north winds and fleeting ground moisture!

Yep , we got a blowing norther today and it is gonna sap every bit of moisture we caught from the rain 10 days ago. Oh well , that is life.

Since I decided to get the rest of the retrofit done this year,I have had less excuses to get back in the routine. I took to walking with my vest and this week I am up to 32 pounds in it. I also started climbing the stair cases in the building and Friday made 7 flights.

After I made up my mind,I took to moving with a purpose. I caught a little momentum.Now momentum is powerful.Once I get my ass to moving it is easier to keep it moving.The more momentum I can keep rolling the more I want to add. Moving with momentum is kinda like having sex with a widow woman---the more ya do it the more you want to do it.

The old theory that an object in motion tends to stay in motion and an object at rest tends to stay at rest is true. The hardest part to moving with a purpose is to move, then I let momentum take over.

Another powerful tool I have found on this journey is IMAGINATION.If I can imagine myself doing more and feeling better , then I can get there.

So,my momentum is fueling my imagination AND my imagination started the momentum to turn over.Better get the hell out of the way unless you plan on joining me.

I truly hope you join me. The trip is so worth buying the gas!

Pearl of Wisdom from the Mind of WEL
Look at the top of the mountain and imagine you are there, now take a step.

1 comment:

  1. This all sounds great, Bill! (Except for the drying weather part).

    You don't mention it, but I assume your weight is going down.

    ReplyDelete