Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Alarm clock mind

Howdy from the land of big ass thunder storms and blowing rain!

Yes sir, what a difference one year makes.This time last year it was DRY,DRY,DRY , cattle prices were LOW,LOW,LOW and Obama was in office. This year we have gotten a 100% improvement on two out of three disasters!

For the past couple of months, I have been going to the Healthplex three times a week before work. It is a pain because I have to get up 1 1/2 hours early drive thru Victoria, take a different route to work and watch my time so I won't be late (I hate being late).Going to the Healthplex in the evening I don't like as it is crowded and I have things to do at home while it is light enough to see.

Now my normal day starts at 5:30. I get up make breakfast for me and my squeeze and leave the house by 6:30---no problem. When I go to the Healthplex I get up at 4:15 and leave the house (Janet fends for herself) and I eat some yogurt for breakfast at work--no problem.

The problem lies in my alarm clock head. Ya see I have never had to set an alarm clock.I look at the clock when I lay down at night and say to myself "myself it is 9:30 and I need to get up at 5:30---bam I wake up around 5:20-30 no problem?right? wrong

Ever since I have been doing this extra practice session for my legs I wake up from 2-3 am. and watch the damn clock until 4:15. It is driving me crazy and wearing my ass out!This morning I said to hell with this. I don't need the aggravation, at 4:10 I said just quit this nonsense and get up at 5:30 and go back to a normal day.Next week I had planned on going back to my regular practice sessions so I am moving that schedule up a week and turning off the malfunctioning alarm clock.

Sleep is important too!

Besides all that, the folks at the Healthplex are about to give me a complex----they look at me like I'm weird when I am riding the bike and singing a cowboy song along with my IPOD---I can not help it if I sound like a cat caught in a dryer! They need to get a grip, I bet they are constipated most of the time.

Pearl of Wisdom form the Mind of WEL
I only hurt myself if I go thru life with a worried mind.

5 comments:

  1. That's funny, Bill! I feel as you do and have long been very good at getting up at whatever time I tell myself that I will need to be up at.

    However, I do use an alarm, and perhaps I have also learned to give the power up to the alarm so I don't wake up too early. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr.J
    I can set my alarm----then I'm really messed up!
    Guess it is better to go gymless, move all i want AND sing where the only one that thinks I am crazy is Janet----the neighbors are 1/4 mile away!!Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dr.J
    I can set my alarm----then I'm really messed up!
    Guess it is better to go gymless, move all i want AND sing where the only one that thinks I am crazy is Janet----the neighbors are 1/4 mile away!!Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dr.J
    I can set my alarm----then I'm really messed up!
    Guess it is better to go gymless, move all i want AND sing where the only one that thinks I am crazy is Janet----the neighbors are 1/4 mile away!!Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice post.really I apperciate your blog.Thanks for sharing.keep sharing more blogs.
    หนังไทย

    ReplyDelete