Monday, October 19, 2009

Create a calorie burnin machine

Howdy from the land of Red Agave and Cow Tongue Prickley Pear!

We had a great weekend around the Laas' house. Cooked some Oryx stew and had some friends and family over Saturday evening. It was cool enough for a camp fire and we had a right fine visit.Several people brought their dogs and they had a fine ole time also.

Over the weekend I needed to mow my yard. Now I have a riding mower that I share with Mac, but last week I bought a walk behind. I said to myself--"myself, why in the hell do you want to ride on a mower and then walk around a track?".So, I got a walk behind and I can cut the grass AND burn calories.

Both days over the weekend I needed to shoot one of my rifles, that I had put a new scope on.So when I get down to my shooting table and sent the first round down range I say to myself---"myself, instead of looking thru the spotting scope to see where you hit, why not walk down there and look?" Well, the upshot of that is, I get to burn some calories, get to let my rifle barrel cool, get to relax between shots AND get to enjoy the day more.

If I just look around at my day to day activities , I can find more and more ways to burn calories.Like parking at the store, you ever notice people driving around and around to get right next to the door.And then they drive over to the gym!!

So, gradually, as I travel down this road I find more ways to increase my calorie burning.And it all adds up. How do I know you ask? Well my Caltrac tells me how much active calories I burn. Take an hour of mowing the grass on Saturday was around 275 calories and that sweet heart ain't nothing to sneeze at!

Let me know how many ways you can think of to increase my calorie burn.

Pearl of Wisdom form the mind of WEL
When you fall down, ya might as well look around for what you can do while yer down there.

No comments:

Post a Comment