Friday, October 2, 2009

Tips from the Doc

Howdy from the land of flu symptoms and chicken noodle soup!

No,I don't have the flu myself but folks all around are dropping like the cock roaches in a Raid commercial.

If ya haven't figured it out yet, I read several blogs that encourage me to stay the course on my fat loss journey. The main one is Mrlowbodyfat.com. Every time Muata posts a clip several folks will comment about his posts. I read them all. I agree with some and disagree with others, but gain a little something from every single one.

One person that comments often is Dr.Kal.You might have guessed he is a doctor and a weight loss success to boot.He has a sight that is worth checking out----drkalsweightlosstips.com-----great sight, lots of good information.

In his most recent comment , Dr. Kal said he tells patients about his FOUR "P"s of weight loss success:
Planning
Positive thinking
Patience
Perseverance

Now I am here to tell ya that a year and a half ago I would not have thought each of his "P"s were that important. Today they hit the nail on the head.

I have to "P"lan---where I am at, where I want to go and how to get there.

I have to think "P"ositively and avoid the nay sayers----case in point , if you think I can't complete my trip, to hell with you,get the hell away from me, I ain't got time for that crap!

I have to be "P"atience---I did not get in this shape over night and I will not get to the end of my journey for a while yet.

"P"erseverance--continue steadfastly or determinedly---enough said.

I am with you Dr. Kal!!

Get yourself four "P"s, I have and so far so good.

Oh yea, Thursday morning, 10-1-09 I weighed 215.2---------89.8 pounds of pure ass butter dripping paper towel soaking lard is -------gone.

Pearl of Wisdom from the mind of WEL
Life is like a pie crust sometimes, try as you might to hold it together, sometimes the damn thing is just too flaky.

1 comment:

  1. Pearls of Wisdom, I don't really know how these blogs work. I just want to commend you for you miraculous feat of lossing so much weight with pure determination. I too need to lose. I need to loss half my body weight! And, I am now facing potential health problems if I don't lose the weight according to my doctor. But, I am older than you by a few years. I am addicted to sugar. I crave sweets all the time and if I buy anything sweet at the store I will consume it in 24 hours no matter how big it is, Shipley Donuts beckons me on the way to work and now there is another even better pastry shop on the way to work that is to die for. Ha, Ha! I can see that you have a knack for comedy. Do you think that this comedic side to your personality had any effect on you ability to lose weight? Do you have any advice for me?
    Quiltblue

    ReplyDelete