Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I wish I could I wish I could

Howdy from the land of wishing in one hand and spitting in the other!!

Momma always said to wish in one hand and spit in the other, then see which one got full the fastest.

Last week I was able to climb higher and go way further than I have ever gone at the Coal Mine Ranch. It was not easy but I got er done.

A thought crept into my mind this morning.I am here to tell you I have a vivid imagination and can just see all my desires coming out peaches and cream. In my mind nothing ever goes wrong and I always get to the top of the mountain first. The sky is always the bluest and the fish are always biting-----WHAT A TRIP!!

In reality, I can honestly tell ya ,the feeling I get by being able to do things that I could only wish I could do BEFORE my fat loss journey started is A HELL OF A LOT BETTER than the dreaming I did about things in my imagination, those things I merely wished I could do.

I guess this means the hand with the spit is getting full, while the hand with the wishes is just that ----wishes.

I stand today at yet another cross road,behind me is where I started ( and I have accomplished a lot)---before me is the path I will continue on ( and I have far to go)---to the right and the left are detours and challenges ( I am sure to try a few of those).

I suppose all we can do is try. Endeavor to persevere.But I look back and realize I have set myself up for failure by not preparing well enough.By thinking or expecting fat loss to be easy or fast I was doomed to stumble and fall.

This time around I have educated myself, I have researched a lot, I have opened my mind to other opinions. It has paid off, wishing is not enough.

Travel down the road with me. If ya see me on a detour holler out loud----Hey dumbass this way!!!

Pearl of Wisdom from the mind of WEL
If WISHES were HORSES, BEGGARS would ride.

4 comments:

  1. Excellent post my friend! Bill, I just love watching you progress on your journey. Keep it going and I love the before and after pics with the rams ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks alot buddy.We had fun.
    Thanks also for your kind words.

    A Cowboy from Texas

    ReplyDelete
  3. People who visualize their success see it come to life. Write a book, you'll make a million! KL

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL
    I don't think I would make any money after I paid for the 38 people to do the spelling and grammar corrections.
    Thanks for the comment.

    A cowboy from Texas

    ReplyDelete