Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I call myself a Cowboy

Howdy from the land growing up kids and budding out trees!

I take pride in calling myself a Cowboy. Now I don't ride a horse much anymore but I prefer the Cowboy mentality in all things.

To me the American Cowboy symbolizes common sense ,fair play,integrity,stewardship of the land and beasts.It also brings meaning to personal responsibility and being proud of who you are.Too many people in this country have lost sight of these things in the quest for " I want it NOW!".

Fat loss is taking a first hand approach at personal responsibility. If I don't do it, it ain't gonna get done. It is the same with you.

I have been doing BWE exercises each week and trying to increase the sessions. This seems to really be helping. The dumb bell lifts in the office during the day are helping also. I can feel more muscle and less fat around my old belly and thighs.

I have also begun to work on improving my form when doing my push ups.It is amazing how much harder a damn push up is when ya use the correct form.

See ya down the fat loss road, holler at me and we'll do a few push ups.

Pearl of Wisdom form the mind of WEL
Call yerself a Cowboy ---and mean it.

2 comments:

  1. I am having great trouble with my weekends and eating. I don't have any trouble exercising but I am starving all weekend and can't seem to stop eating. Not that the stuff I eat is so bad for me it is just too much. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weekends are a real challenge for me also. My routine changes with the weekend and what I want to get done around the place.Also, i feel a little spent from the week and want something different to eat.

    I have been trying to eat more high fiber vegs and an extra peice of fruit---to get in some chewing and fill my gut.Then when I feel really hungry I'll get a 1/4 cup of pecans and a glass of water and go do something outside.

    I think being aware of what i eat on the weekend is a key first step and some of my hunger pains comes from being TOO calorie deficient during the week.

    Keep working at it , it will get better.

    ReplyDelete