Tuesday, October 26, 2010

It just ain't right

Howdy from the land of Tricker Treaters and orange pumpkins!

Yep Halloween is almost here and I am seeing little kids with costumes everywhere. Janet has some pumpkins around the house and it looks just like a Norman Rockwell picture.

I am in the complaint department here at work. I get the task of answering employee complaints and trying to solve issues before the smoke gets too thick to see the real problem.Yesterday I was cornered up by two employees that were up on their soap boxes about what they thought the company ought to be doing to encourage more people to work out and get fit.

Evidently, what the company is doing right now JUST AIN"T RIGHT.

Well, they kept on belly aching until I finally asked them what they thought the company should do to foster this ENCOURAGEMENT.They both jumped up and said, we should be able to go to the gym after work and the company pay for it. Also they wanted healthier snacks in the vending machines----wrong answers to the wrong guy.

I told them ---BAM---I got the answers----quit buying a Snickers out of the machine and bring an Apple from home.And meet me in front of the building at 11:45 and we'll go walk at lunch---weighted vest optional.

Needless to say that was NOT the answers they wanted----they said "that just ain't right".

Some folks are hard to please.

Pearl of Wisdom from the Mind of WEL
Momma always said ---no one is as pious as a reformed whore.

2 comments:

  1. I like that, "quit buying snickers"... Probably too much common sense Bill. :)

    I miss snacking but if you want the gains - you have to sacrifice some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks John, sometimes I get accused of being brusque (whatever in the hell that means)--LOL--ME?

    ReplyDelete