Monday, October 11, 2010

Driving makes me hungry

Howdy from the land of falling leaves and snoring dogs!

We had us a little road trip this weekend. Me ,Janet and Hoppy hauled Mac's sailfish and sheep mount to his new house in OKC.There is nothing like an 8 hour drive to get me hungry.

Yep, when I drive I get hungry----really when I get bored I get hungry and when I drive all day I get bored.I did not PLAN (one of the 4 Ps)very well so I ate things that were better left alone.I am getting far enough up in age that I have to stop for a restroom break about every hour and half. This leads to going in a C store and that leads to making a choice on whether or not to get a LITTLE SOMETHING to eat and drink.Sometimes, I try to scare off boredom by singing with my Ipod on----but Janet and Hoppy said NO.

Anyhow, we got back and started the week out right.

One damn thing for sure, I might not always make the best choice while on a rode trip but I make better choices than I used to.

Pearl of Wisdom from the Mind of WEL
Don't argue with an idiot, he'll drag ya down to his level and beat ya with experience.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Bill!

    When I was young and dumb I had the misfortune to make some bad decisions and ended up living in my car for 6 months at a time.

    Let me tell you that living in a very small mobile home, I tended to eat a lot out of boredom (as well has my gas bill go up).

    I can relate to this story. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is a SMALL mobile home!I struggle with boredom alot.
    Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete