Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Peddle pusher

Howdy from the land of dying trees and dying hopes!

Lots of folks around here have given up on hoping it will rain. I am sure it will rain someday and get back to normal, but right now it is heart breaking to look at the land and rivers. At the same time ,It is heart warming to look at the grim determination on the faces of the ranchers in my area. You think you got something to bitch about??Try tying your livelihood to whether you can get 3" of rain in the next 30 days OR selling out.

I went to the track at lunch today and rode my bike 3 miles. I felt like I could have done 5 but I will know more about that tonight.It did feel good to get back on the track at lunch. I am really pushing to get back in the routine because I do better when I have a routine.

I will wait and see what the evening brings, as far as sore tendons and muscles but I do plan on riding 3 miles each day this week and increasing next to 5---maybe.I have been climbing one flight of stairs each day and I can almost get up and down without using a hand---yipee! When I am hands free , I am climbing two flights.

See ya down the road.

Pearl of Wisdom from the Mind of WEL
When it begins to rain, don't holler STOP---I'll open up a Witchhazel Bottle of Whup Ass on ya!!

3 comments:

  1. Cheering you on, Bill! I guess neither of us felt the rehab would be so tough. Sorry. It is what it is :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the rain. I'm probably from nearish to where you live, if it's part of the same drought.

    i hate to be annoying, but FYI... "dying"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dr.J
    Thanks Buddy, it has not been too bad , all in all.
    I getto whreI nt to be soon.

    Westwood
    Thaks , we'll take the luck and the rain---thanks also for the spelling correction--never was too good with that.

    ReplyDelete