Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Walked a mile in my shoes

Howdy from the land of empty pastures and over flowing sale barns!

I read last week the momma cow herds in Texas,Oklahoma and New Mexico are at the same level they were at the end of the seven year drought in 1957.I am here to tell ya, you had better like chicken because beef is gonna be way too expensive to eat.

Pray for rain.

Today is 9 weeks from my knee retrofit and yesterday I went to the track. I walked a mile (no vest).I did this after walking up the staircase twice. At 1/4 mile my legs felt good. At 1/2 mile I was sweating.At 3/4 mile my thigh was burning and at the end ---I WAS POOPED!But I made it!

This morning, I can feel a little soreness in my leg, mostly in the mid-thigh. And my lower calf is real tight.

I will see how the morning goes but I hope to continue to walk a mile this week and next while gradually adding some exercise bike to the mix.

Pray for rain.

I have a short range goal for this month---I am cooking for my friend PUTT's daughter's wedding on Sept. 3 and I sure would like to be able to dance a few sets with my squeeze, Janet. Now that is a GOAL worth pushing for.

Pray for rain.

Pearl of Wisdom from the Mind of WEL
Don't go thru life with a worried mind.

2 comments:

  1. That is great progress, Bill!

    We've had the rain in Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dr.J
    It has been an adventure.With high hopes, I'll continue on.
    Pray for rain.

    ReplyDelete