Monday, April 30, 2012

Don't blame the Twinkie

Howdy from the land of burning brush piles and copperhead snakes!

 We could use a little rain but we are green enough to be able to burn brush piles. We have not been able to do that for 2+ years.

My practice sessions are going good and the weekends not bad at all.But I have one issue to talk about today. It is the blame game.

I can open a bunch of news clips and blogs and health articles and most are blaming McDonald's or Pizza Hut or cheap grocery stores for the obesity rate in the land of milk and honey. They blame sugar and carbs and trans fat,hell they even blame milk.About the only thing I haven't seen blamed is ME!

Well, I am hear to tell ya it ain't the cost of "healthy" food that made me Obese. It wasn't the lack of time preparing a meal that made my ass look like a blimp. It was ME!

How do I know---one little example---lunch today cost less than $2. It took 3 minutes to prepare. It was 2 hand fulls of carrots, one bag of tuna, 2 spoons each of pickle relish,mayo,celery. Bam lunch--healthy---quick ---cheap.

We have got to quit blaming someone or something else for our actions---least we start to sound like a damn politician. Like Earl Pitts would say-------WAKE UP AMERICA!!

Pearl of Wisdom from the mind of WEL
 Quit blaming the damn Twinkie, it wasn't the first one that did it ---it was the ninth one---and I am to blame for that one, too.

3 comments:

  1. I hear the original Twinkie is still sitting in a jar on the inventor's desk as none of it is actually food :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard that also, I can tell ya some of the Twinkies I ate are still with me!

    ReplyDelete