Friday, May 11, 2012

Beautiful rain

Howdy from the land of spring showers and croaking frogs!

We have been blessed this month with three nice rains that total 4 inches.Man, I am here to tell ya we are blessed. The grass is green and the cows are happy.

My journey is easing right along. I continue to add weight to my vest and the only problem I have is these old flat feet. I have been getting arch supports and different shoes and someday it is not so bad. All in all, it is "Get the hell out of the way, I am coming thru"!

It never ceases to amaze me how much information comes across my brain everyday about weight loss and nutrition. You would think that with all the really smart people out there and Michelle and Barrack to guide us toward utopia we would not have an Obesity problem in this country. Take it from me, most of this advice is useless as a mud sandwich! Most of this advice is geared in the end to selling me something. Most of this advice is really an infomercial.

Like I said in my last post , it ain't the Twinkie's fault.

I picked up a Snickers candy bar yesterday---nope I did not eat it. But it said on the label it was 330 calories. So, if I eat one for breakfast, lunch and supper I consume 990 calories plus what ever I drink. that might not be "healthy" but I bet ya I lose weight.

I guess what I'm getting at is ,don't spend too much time with the mud sandwich, use some common sense. Eat real food---real food---food that is not processed and pressed out. Eat food that you could harvest with a stick ---be it meat, nut or plant. If you don't have time to cook, eat it raw. Eat real food. And NO BIG BOY a Twinkie ain't REAL FOOD.

Pearl of Wisdom form the Mind of WEL
Try not to grocery shop where you fill up your car.  

4 comments:

  1. That's the way I do it, Bill!

    People have often said to me, "I bet you can eat anything you want!"

    My usual reply, "Yes I can, but I'm not dumb enough to do it!"

    I like the Three Musketeers candy bar best :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is odd to me at this point, I used to crave for sweets---bad. Wake up at night wanting sugar. Not so much now.For the past year I want crunchy and salty.

    But I do eat anything I want---I just try harder to WANT different stuff--LOL.

    Thanks for the cmment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is odd to me at this point, I used to crave for sweets---bad. Wake up at night wanting sugar. Not so much now.For the past year I want crunchy and salty.

    But I do eat anything I want---I just try harder to WANT different stuff--LOL.

    Thanks for the cmment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice article great post comment information thanks for sharing
    หนังซอมบี้

    ReplyDelete