Monday, February 9, 2009

GOALS---they are a wonderful thing. I have been setting goals for a long time and actually made a few. On my fat loss trip I set some goals.I wrote them down in my day book.My day book is where I write down what I eat, how my knees feel and what type of exercise I do.

On July 1 I started "cutting calories", this means I was calorie deficient in my diet.I chose to do some cycling with what I ate. I would cut my calories in half to around 16-1700 a day for 5-6 days and then bump up to 2500 for a day or two, then back down to 15-1600 a day. I planned on doing this for July.

My goal for July was 20 pounds of loss. This may seem like too much, but I have lost 20 pounds several times. And as half of it is going to be water I made this goal with no trouble.At the same time I was continuing my education with Muata and his body weight exercise friends.

After,the end of July, when Janet and I had had a nice vacation with her brother and his wonderful lady friend, I relooked at what I had learned so far and where I wanted ot go. I set several goals.
#1 lose enough fat to reach 220 pounds(I have not weighed that amount since the 70s.)
#2 lose 8 pounds in August
#3 I will tell no one what I am eating or what I am losing until a get be low 250pounds--this goal may seem odd to someone, but hell I AM odd. My point was I have gotten to 252-254 twice in the last decade and gained it all back. There is a real wall set up at 250. In my mind , if I could get below 250 , I could reach any goal I set.

Well, I got to go. There are some goals, not all, but that is where I started.

Pearl of Wisdom from the mind of WEL
Read a book, it's good for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment