Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Ok , boys and girls, if you are just tuning in I am catching up on my Fat Loss Journey a month at a time. I started in July '08 and this post will get me thru Nov.'08.

I started off the month weighing 263.4 of country logic and down home opinion.My goal for the month of November was to get down to 257.8. This is another odd amount of fat loss , but hell, I am odd.

One of my minor goals ( I have said I have several goals)was to do Turbulence Exercises 4 times a week and walk in the pasture 4 times a week.

Another goal was to eat better(smarter) on the weekend and to cut down on the amount of whiskey I drink on the weekend. Now I am not a drunk but I do like 2-3 drinks on Saturday evening.I have been noticing that the empty calories in whiskey lead to a gain from Saturday to Monday, but the loss from Monday to Tuesday makes me at or below Saturday's weight. Well , I am not a doctor but I figured if I consume no-or less whiskey I might lose more.Anyway, that was another goal for November.

During the month my Turbulence Exercises were helping quite a lot. I felt the muscles in my legs, back, shoulders and butt tightening up. Although I was losing some weight I felt I was gaing muscle. Also, I knew I was burning fat because my pants were continuing to get lose and my belly fat was getting loser and softer.

I saw a link on Muata's site for www.ihavebones.com This is another amazing story of weight loss. Motivation,Inspiration, Education----man what a world I broke into.I have gained so much from these people and their journeys.

And then the turkey bird came-----THANKSGIVING, turkey , dressing,corn, yummy. I did not gorge like most years and walked the day before and the day of the big feed.I also made some notes about Thanksgiving and being thankful. I usually think about these things but never really tell anyone, what a shame. Anyway, I was (am) thankful for a healthy family, a fine wife, two wonderful (sometimes pain in the ass)kids, a Mom in good health. I am also Thankful I came across Muata's site.I am thankful for my continuing education. I am eternally thankful I live in a free country and can make my own choices-good or bad-as long as I am willing to pay the price.

At the end of the month I was down to 257.1 ! Crap if I can subtract right I beat my goal.This education thing is working.

Pearl of Wisdom form the mind of WEL
Opportunity knocks on the door, the trick is to have enough sense to open the damn door and let it in.

3 comments:

  1. I love your weird weight loss target numbers. I always hope for something quite rounded.

    And what are turbulence exercises?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turbulence Exercises are Body Weight exercises developed by Craig Ballantyne,
    Learn more about them at www.turbulenctraining.blogspot.com

    These can be done by anyone at any fitness level, I know I did the Beginners.

    Thanks again for the comments, they really make me feel good,good work out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. damn i can't spell--www.turbulencetraining.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete