Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Stick Walker

Man what a beautiful day, are we lucky to be alive or what!!

Yesterday I used my new "GREEN" trekking poles while I walked my 2 1/2 miles. I also had my 20 pound weighted vest on. My trekking poles---crap that sounds so liberal--I will now call them "walking sticks" are made from two cedar stays( for all the city folks those are small fence posts made from cedar trees)about 1 3/4" in diameter. I took a good sharp knife and whittled off the bark and made a groove about 3" from the top for me to grip them. I then drilled a hole in them below the grip and ran a piece of rope thru the hole for straps.I whittled the bottom down and added a rubber cap to keep the bottom from splitting and slipping.

I can now use them as one would if cross country skiing. I ciphered up and believe in my walk I will pick the pair up 2500 times and they weigh a total of 6 pounds. You can tell from this I get a good work out in my arms and shoulders. I can feel it today, not really sore but some what tired.

I will need to report to my virtual mentor Muata next week about the work out I get with the walking sticks as he suggested I try to add them to my walk.

Go WALKING STICKS !!

Ok , my goal for March was to get below 240 by months end.I did not quite make it. April 1 I weighed 240.6. Now I am not upset, down or depressed. I try not to get that way any more. I lost fat in March and that is all that mattered. Besides I am down 64.4 pounds of fat on my trip.

I have been doing some turbulence exercises 4 nights a week and I am feeling good.

My goal for April is to get below 235. Also, I have a practice goal of being able to do 50 push ups. Monday night I did 33.

One of Muata's posts inspired me to set another fitness goal--doing a pull up--no girls and boys I can not do one now. But I am gonna work toward being able to.

If you need to start a fat loss journey, do it, you can , I am, if I can you can.
I don't beat myself up over what I can't do, I try to think only of what I can do.

Pearl of Wisdom from the mind of WEL
Geronimo said it best--"This is my land and I will not rest until I am dead or a rich man free."

No comments:

Post a Comment