Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Today is the day!

Howdy from the land of blue sky and green grass!

Today is the day, yep it is the day I get on down the fat loss road a little farther.

A year ago I would not have said that. A year ago I would still be looking toward tomorrow. TOMORROW is the fat man's friend. I will start eating right TOMORROW. I will start walking TOMORROW.

That my friends is a crock of cold cat crap.

Today is all we got and today is the day I get to make some choices---good---bad---indifferent---today.

Today I am gonna walk my Full Pak Trac, yesterday I walked 3 1/2 miles instead of 2 1/2 miles. Wasn't too bad, but I ran out of time on my lunch hour.Today it is gonna be 2 1/2 miles and tonight I'm doing some Turbulence exercises--today.

The best part , for me,about making a good choice is that I feel , well, good. When I make a not so good choice I am getting to where I don't beat myself up. I just move to a better choice.

Last week I went to get me a bite of chocolate at mid-afternoon. I get one bite from a jar down the hall. Satisfies my cravings and has less than 40 calories. Anyway , in the bowl was a bite size candy that has coconut in white/chocolate/strawberry flavors. Well, I took that for the day and ate it.Maybe, you will say, that is not a good choice---I say it was. The taste took me back to my childhood when I used to eat the full size candy bars in that flavor (I can't remember the name).

Man what a mind full of memories that brought up, some great, some not so great. All those memories and a craving killer for just 40 calories---what a deal. Point is I handled it and moved on to better choices.

Today I think I will eat a couple of spicy olives.Good choice.

Pearl of Wisdom from the mind of WEL
Never miss a chance to shut up.

No comments:

Post a Comment