Thursday, September 17, 2009

Ripples at a crossroad

Howdy from the land whitewing doves and red tailed hawks!

Choices----we all make them, we make some good ones, some bad ones and some that don't really seem to matter. But unless we stick our hands in our pockets and make sounds like a carrot we make them. Some of us even learn lessons from the choices we make.

When I've come to a cross road in life and I am charged with making a choice on which way to go, I seldom think about how the choice will effect others. I mostly just think about what the effects will be on me.The choices I have made are ,to me , like standing on the bank of the lake and throwing a rock in the direction I want to go. The rock flies one way , but the ripples it makes goes out in all directions. Those ripples effect others without me even knowing.

Like wise, the choices that others make have ripples that effect me.Take my lovely bride,Janet,she has made ripples that have moved, shaped and guided me along more than any person I can think of.Good,bad or indifferent her ripples have effected me in more ways that I can count and she will ever realize.She has helped me (not a complete cure) make better choices and be a better person.

I think we should all take time out to reflect on the ripples that touch us from others and what we learn from them. We will, as grandpa said , learn a lesson a day if we only keep our mouth shut and our eyes open.

As I travel down my fat loss highway, I try to slow down long enough to think about the knowledge I have gained , not only on this road but along my whole life's travel. I have learned a whole gaggle of lessons along the way. I have no problem telling you I have screwed the pooch on several choices and have dodged the bullet on several occasions. But all in all, I think a bunch of ripples from a bunch of folks have helped me do OK.

Make a good choice today, just one,I promise it won't hurt. Send out some ripples, you don't even have to try, they are on their way.

Eat less, move more, build muscle,lose fat.Have a positive effect on others.

Pearl of Wisdom from the mind of WEL
Having an ADVENTURE usually means, ya used poor judgement but ya survived.

4 comments:

  1. bill i have been reading and enjoying your blog. i always knew you were smart and witty just didn't realize you were such a talented writer. your words are very encouraging. i believe that menopause makes a women fat and tired (proven fact not an excuse) manopause makes a man lean and determined. that's just not right. i'm waiting on manopause. keep up the good work.i'll keep reading, who knows it may even take hold for me. love you cindy willis rawlings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bill,

    Decisions are always tough to consider. I remember one friend's father told his son, for every $100.00 dollars you want to spend, sleep on it for one day. I guess that kept impulse buying to a minimum.

    I was trying to impress on my step-daughter in high-school that most decisions in life are not a matter of right and wrong but rather shades of grey. Growing up changes a child’s black and white world.

    Anyway Bill, I used to think I was in control of my life but now I know that I can only set the direction of my voyage. What I encounter along the way - I can't plan for but rather if I keep my goal in mind - hopefully I will reach my (or at least a good) destination.

    If you logical skills are anywhere near as good as your determination, you will do fine with your cross-roads!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy
    Thanks for the comment.
    Each of us has the control.
    wel

    ReplyDelete
  4. John,
    Thanks for the comment.I think you are right we can only set our direction and keep rowing.
    If we do that we will both be OK.
    Bill

    ReplyDelete