Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Simple Truths

Howdy from the land of gopher mounds and burned up pastures!

Truths by their very nature tend to be simple things.Most of the truths are not complicated.Despite the government claims , despite your bosses explanations and despite what the television says----most of the truths we encounter in life are pretty simple stuff. It is only when we try to get around the truths or cheat our own common sense that we get our issues so damn complicated a preacher , two nuns and a snake oil salesman can't straighten them out.

Fat loss is a lot that way too. It is simple really----go back a read the Energy Equation--calorie is the king, it is quite simply Weight Loss' Golden Rule---and that young grasshopper is a simple truth.

I don't know why I tend to get all twisted up like a Bohemian Hatchet Knot ( that is a knot tied by a Bohemian that is so complicated it takes a hatchet to un-tie it).

Anyways, there have been several times when it seems like I am not moving any further down my fat loss highway, kinda stuck. I begin to thinking and scheming and trying to decide what I need to change. Maybe I need to eat more ju-ju beans or maybe I need to get a kettlebell and go to lifting it. But, if I just relax and continue on my routine it seems to all fall in place.

It is simple really, if I consistently move more than I consume, the truth is I lose some fat.The simple truth is consistent practice is the best.I remember I guy telling me Practice does not make perfect---Practice makes permanent.The truth is he was right.

Tell yourself the simple truth.

Pearl of Wisdom from the mind of WEL
As a child I learned, no matter how hard you try, you just can't baptize a cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment