Thursday, August 5, 2010

I gotta adjust

Howdy from the land of no breeze and plenty of sunshine!

To sum it up---it is hot!

I was on mile 2 of 3 on the Full Pak Trac today and I got a little light headed. That ain't good because I need my head to stay on straight so I don't fall down.

So, I am gonna make an adjustment to my Dog Days of Summer Mixup Cycle. Instead of pushing 3 laps at lunch I am gonna adjust back to 2 laps for the rest of the month.I think it would be better than falling down.

This trip has been one goal, one trick,one method and one adjustment after another so this is just par for the course.

I will ponder on a way to make up for the adjustment.

Pearl of Wisdom from the Mind of WEL
Being #2 ain't bad, #1 is always having to look back over his shoulder.

2 comments:

  1. Bill, do you eat before your walks? I know the whole light-headed feeling all too well, and many times its because your "suga" (as my grandma would say) is low. I've found that even if I'm just going for a stroll w/ my weighted vest on, I need to drink a shake (of course you could eat actual food too) before. I've played around with taking a shake before and after my training session. And, I find that "I" feel much better and have more energy if I take my shake before I train. However, that's what works for moi! I suggest that you play around with this; even if it's just eating a piece of fruit 45 mins before your walk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been trying to eat 100-150 calories of something---apple or the like 45-60 mintues before hand. Last week was a challenge for reasons un-know to me.I think it was from a hard , hot weekend and it just taking longer to recover. That and it seemed like everyday was 97 and 60 % humidity and NO breeze.

    This week I feel better starting out.I think I will keep it easy this week and adjust UP if I feel good.

    Thanks for the tip---I will try to boost my SUGA a little before hand this week.

    ReplyDelete