Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Mentally challenged

Howdy from the land of live oak acorns and road runners!

SLOWLY, ever so SLOWLY. I am coming to grip with the mentally challenging part of my fat loss journey. My friend and constant supporter of my journey , Muata, said this trip is as much mental as physical. He is mighty right!

I have wished,wanted and desired to lose weight several times in my life---really all of my life.I have on occasion pulled off some significant weight loss.One time I joined Nutrisystem---lost 50 pounds, and gained it back+. Twice I have hit the Atkins System hard--lost 44 and 46 pounds and gained them back +.

I have had to look back and ask myself, how did these attempts work out and WHY?

Both "systems" work because I consume less calories than I burn----duh.Both "systems" fail because mentally I am not approaching where I am and where I want to be the right way.

I am where I am because I eat too damn much, period.Unless I can change the desire to eat by excuse and not by nutrition , I can not hope to make a permanent change.

SLOWLY I will get ahead in the mental part of this trip.

Pearl of Wisdom form the Mind of WEL
To win, ya got to get your head screwed on straight.

2 comments:

  1. It's definitely mental Bill, and our stories are no different from the countless other folks out there who have lost only to regain over and over again.

    Well, I've been on this journey since 2003, and I just had Epiphany #1003: I am in control of what AND how much I put in my mouth!

    Of course I've kinda known this since the first time I tried to lose fat many moons ago, but it's finally been ingrained into my thick skull. And, the sense of confidence and inner strength that comes along with this particular epiphany is unreal ...

    You're on the right path my friend because you are, as I've said before, being a very active participant in your journey and, more importantly, using your past mistakes as lessons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words.Yep we are what we eat---all of it!

    We'll get there one day.

    ReplyDelete