Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The government could learn from me

Howdy from the land of brassy skies and star light nites!

Yep, the damn federal government could learn from me and all the rest of the folks that are on their fat loss journeys.I have been on a calorie budget for over a year while our government keeps being a glutton.

I have often marveled at people that don't seem to relate working 40 hours a week to what they are spending. There must be a lot of folks with a lot of money to throw away. Then there are the regular folks who, when times get tight , just sharpen up the pencil and work on their budget. And it works!

So does being on a calorie budget.If I want to eat more today I have to burn more.If I eat like there is no tomorrow or no consequences then I will go bankrupt, in the form of fat gain,health deterioration and happiness.

I am here to tell you, there is a tomorrow and there are consequences to our actions.The budget I am on now is not real hard to follow. Sometimes I may spend a little more than I ought to one meal, but the weekly budget falls pretty close to my target.

If you think you can not live on a budget, you are wrong. You just don't want to bad enough.

Stay with me on the budget highway we'll reach nonobeseville together.

Pearl of Wisdom from the mind of WEL
Best way to double yer money is to fold it over and put back in your pocket.

3 comments:

  1. I like that... comparing a money budget to weight loss. It all works well so long as it balances. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good plan! Maybe you should consider running for office? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. John, thanks for the comment. There is only three things that a budget can do---plus, minus or even. It is all up to us.

    Dr.J
    Thanks for the comment.I am afraid I would not make a good politican---lieing ain't my strong suit. But hey if ya wanty to send campain money ley me know---LOL

    ReplyDelete