Monday, August 31, 2009

Long Hot Summer

Howdy from the land of lowE windows and sky high electric bills!

I have been changing out windows in the front of my house this month. I got two more replaced and have 5 more to go and we will be rid of the 1933 era --rattle when the wind blows--windows.

While I was going up and down the 20' extension ladder for the 893rd. time, it dawned on me that three years ago when I did this same thing to the back of the house and was 85 pounds heavier it was real hard. Yep back then it damn near killed me.Seemed like it took a month. Now it was not a snap this time and my knees still gave me fits but I got er done.I was able to move around a hell of a lot easier and with much more confidence while up the ladder or standing in the tractor bucket.

And on top of all that , IT WAS DAMN GOOD EXERCISE!

It never ceases to amaze me what I can do that I was missing before I started on my fat loss journey.

I wonder what neat things I will be able to do in the future.

I end the month weighing 219.2 and that puts me having lost right at 86 pounds of fat.I can also do 60 pushups and when I started I could only do 4.I can't do a pull up yet but I will leave that for the future.

If you think you need to lose some fat----you probably do,If you think you can't lose fat---you are wrong. If I can do it anyone can.Read, get educated, find a method and lose the first pound----then we can lose another together.

Pearl of Wisdom from the mind of WEL (this one is borrowed from an email Janet sent me)

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what is for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Benjamin Franklin

No comments:

Post a Comment