Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I keep adding weight

Howdy from the land of cat squirrels and ruby throated hummingbirds!

Yep I added two pounds today.

If you recall back in January I started walking around the track at lunch with my old back pack carrying 20 pounds of sand. Well, that went well, and I got the big head and jumped to 30 pounds in February. That was a mistake, too much too soon.

I soon got some back and hip issues and had to back way off.It took me a couple of months to get straightened out.

In April I bought a weighted vest at Academy and put 20 pounds in it. It will go up to 40 pounds. It has a lot more balance than the old back pack.

I have been adding 2 pounds each month as I get use to it and today I added 2 more pounds. I am now carrying 32 pounds. The first day I increase the weight , I really can't tell the difference but by Friday of that week I can tell my legs are getting a different workout.

It is strange to me that I carry around 33% of the weight I have lost for an hour and FEEL it. I don't think there is any way I could carry a full 90 pounds but eighteen months ago I did. Maybe when I get to the stop sign , on my fat loss highway, I'll find me a pack and get Mac to load me up with the full amount I have lost and see if I can carry it.

Pearl of Wisdom form the mind of WEL
If it looks like cow manure and smells like cow manure, safe bet is don't taste it---it is more than likely cow manure.

No comments:

Post a Comment