Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Our most important job

Howdy from the land of new crop pecans and approaching holidays!

We have a lot of jobs during our lives. Both paid and un-paid jobs keep us busy throughout our lives. If we are lucky some of these jobs are rewarding , both monetarily and emotionally. Some of us like some of our jobs and others of us are not satisfied with our jobs. And some folks just down right hate their jobs.

We choose our jobs for various reasons and some are quite a surprise when reality hits us right between the eyes and the new wears off.

It never ceases to amaze me how grown up adults can get theirselves into such a damn mess with some of their jobs. Now I ain't just talking about the job that pays the light bill or buys the cheeseburgers. I got other jobs as well. Like trying to be a husband and father, being a neighbor , helping the guy broke down on the road, being part of a club, maybe just being a friend.These are all jobs we have in life as a participant of our world. Like it or not some of us do some of these jobs better than others.But all of us do something better than someone else!

One job a lot of us over look is the job of improving ourself. Not just being a better friend, more attentive husband,or a better committee member.But improving our self as a person as a living , breathing , healthy member of this planet.

I have always said , I can not save the world, I have my hands full trying to save myself. Well, if this is true , then it is a damn good thing I started down this road in July '08.

In my mind , my most important job is taking care of me.Getting healthy, making better choices and getting stronger.If I can not accomplish this job, how can I hope to accomplish any of the other jobs I have. AND REST ASSURED, HAVING PLENTY OF JOBS IS A WONDERFUL THING, the man with nothing to do is a poor soul indeed.

Man told me when I was young----"if you don't like yourself, why should anyone else like you?". Makes sense now----if I don't like myself enough to get fit and get healthy then why should someone else care about me.

I told my kids , over and over again when they were young JUST DO YOUR PART. I am sure they got sick of hearing that. But what is sad, is I wasn't doing MY PART.

Yep, I got an important job, a tough row to hoe, but I'm working on it and you can too. See ya down the road.

Pearl of Wisdom form the mind of WEL
Sometimes doing a good job around here is liking wetting yer pants with dark slacks on---gives you a warm feeling but no one really notices.

No comments:

Post a Comment