Thursday, November 12, 2009

Life is a roll of the dice

Howdy from the land of sad news and happy trails!

Well today I got some sad news.Makes you put things into perspective when you get news that ain't good.It seems we all run thru life in such a hurry and miss so much of the stuff we really ought to remember.

Cousin Betty, has the Big C.The outcome is bleak.

She has always been a fine example of a truly fine person.Always positive, always smiling, always complimenting others, always considerate. She enjoys her flowers, her children, her grandchildren, her husband, fishing---hell I don't know anything she doesn't enjoy because she surrounds herself with the things she loves and spends no time wasted in things she doesn't.

But like the line in the song says,"ain't nobody getting out of this world alive".I think the best we can hope for is to roll the dice. We should look forward to the roll not the number we get. The end of the trip is not as important as the trip itself. Once we have let a day slip by it is gone and we don't get it back.

As my fat loss trip progresses and moves down the road, I am moved to try and make more of each day. Sometimes, I think I need to get this done because if something happened to me it will be complete and SOMETIMES I think it needs to be done because I CAN do it and then I can look back and say----damn that was fun and it is done.

If you think you got troubles, quit your whining and pick up the dice and ROLL EM!If ya don't like that number , pick them up and ROLL EM again!

Each of us can TRY, that is all we can ask of ourselves.

Hang in there Betty , I am thinking of you while we roll the dice.

Pearl of Wisdom from the mind of WEL

If you don't like this horse find one that your saddle will fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment