Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Have I suffered?

Howdy from the land of drying wild flowers and mesquite thorns in tractor tires!

The pretty spring wild flowers are drying up quick and going to seed. Once again South Texas needs rain , pretty bad.

A question was asked of me yesterday that I had to put some thought to.I was asked if I had suffered much losing the all the fat I have lost.

First of all, I have not lost all the fat----I have just lost some of the fat I want/need to lose.

Secondly, NO, I have not suffered.I don't think of it like that. I have wanted to eat a doughnut and maybe I have fantasized about a piece of pie, but suffer?? No,I have felt hungry sometimes and wanted to eat from boredom on other times, But suffer? No, I just don't look at it like that.

I think one of the things that have been a big part of me getting this far down the fat lose highway has been the way I have come to look at things.
Things like
I don't diet, I eat better
I don't workout, I practice
I don't stay away from BAD foods--there are no BAD foods
I don't cheat,I try and make better choices
I am not to blame for my weight, I am responsible
I don't dislike myself,but I am not satisfied where I am at
I don't always make the best choice, but I try to learn something when the choice is not the best
Doughnuts are not evil, but my doughnut gluttony is dumb

Maybe if more folks looked at things a little differently , they would have a different outcome.

Pearl of Wisdom from the mind of WEL
I think we would all be better off if more people would ride for the brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment