Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Tea for two

Howdy from the land of whippoorwills and box turtles!

The whippoorwills are back, they move in around the house when summer comes. I heard two calling the other night. They make a wonderful sound at night. Growing up as a kid we called them Bull Bats because they flew around the street lights at night like bats and ate bugs. Their calls at night would scare Tessa as a little child , as we did not have AC back then their calls were loud at bed time.I am getting old enough to have childhood memories of two childhoods----mine and my kids.

One real treat Janet and I had in B.C. was having tea for two at Buchart Gardens. I never had "TEA" before, not the British Tea. I have never had hot tea nor even coffee in my life. Ice tea with sugar , you betcha, hot tea ? nope.

Well, it was a treat. Seems it is like lunch to us. Damn hot tea, was not bad. Then ya get a three tier tray with finger foods. I never had a cucumber sandwhich and I'll have to say it was better than I thought.All the food was real good and I got to sit around and act like well to do folks. I tried hard not to act like too much of a hick but it is hard to hide "country comes to town".

Now you might say that this is a dumb post , but I beg to differ. This post shows me I have come a long way from a guy that 35 years ago would not wear a pull over shirt of any kind because of my fat and man boobs. Back then there was no way in hell I would wear a set of swim trunks---maybe ,maybe cut off blue jeans---more than likely I would swim in jeans. Now I have tried a few different things and have found most pretty dat gum enjoyable!

If I had not begun to try new and different things in my life I would still be saying I am fat because of Grandma's genes and looking for a pill to cure my obesity.

And the best part about trying a few new things is I got to file away a memory of me and the love of my life having TEA for TWO in Buchart Gardens -----and that young grasshopper is PRICELESS.

Pearl of Wisdom from the Mind of WEL
Go try something new, if ya don't like it , don't do it again,lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment