Friday, May 28, 2010

June Cycle

Howdy from the land of retiring wives and expecting mothers!

Well I have given thought to the remainder of my fat loss journey and the last mountain to climb is gonna start with a June Cycle.The month of June and up to July 4 I am gonna start a rip roaring calorie deficient cycle of varying BWE sessions and walking.

My plan is to press a CONSISTENT routine very hard for 5 solid weeks and then rest up for 2 weeks.

My plan is to do some fast paced BWE that are easy on my knees several times a week and mix in 4 sessions of push ups and dumbbells in the same week. I will walk with my vest 4 days a week and ride my rusty old bike 2-3 times.

My goal is to burn around 32-3500 calories a day and eat less than 2000.WHAT A PLAN----can I get an AMEN?

As I see it right now , the only thing that can possibly get in the way of my plan could be Kolt Nolan Laas, but I think he will understand if Grandpa has to go walk---for I'll be back.

Pearl of Wisdom from the Mind of WEL
Don't say you AIN'T gonna, say you don't WANT TO----that is a whole hell of a lot easier to take back.

4 comments:

  1. Bill,

    It's good to see that you are doing what most folks refuse to do on their fat loss journey -- experiment!!

    Just two quick suggestions. Keep your calorie intake between 2300-2500 since you're going to be training pretty hard (compared to how you've trained in the past). As far as fat loss is concerned, consistently hit these numbers and forget about losing fat; your body will take care of that.

    Now, your training volume is a bit too much for a gentleman your age;) Hell, I just turned 39, and there's no way that I'll train that often again! Eating low calories and training like a madman is a recipe for overtraining and overall BURN OUT!

    How about this "simple" routine:

    Workout A
    - Pushups
    - Standing DB Row
    - DB deadlifts

    Workout B
    - Pushups
    - Standing DB Military Press (using one DB at a time)
    - DB Swings

    Do this routine 3 days a week, alternating between workout A and B, and walk with your weighted vest 2 days a week, and REST for two days. Since you want to burn a lil more calories while you lift, why not try the EDT (escalating density training) method, which is really simple to follow.

    Set your timer for 15-20 mins, and go through the cycle doing 5 PERFECT reps of each exercise; rest just long enough to start a new round/cycle feeling fresh. As you get closer to the end of 20 mins, your rest time will increase; also, you won't be able to do 5 PERFECT reps for each exercise and will start to do less reps per exercise, which is normal. You may get to a point where you can only do one PERFECT rep, which is fine.

    The real key is that you MUST write down how many reps you did for EACH exercise once your time is up. The reason it's so important is because you now know what your goal is for the next workout. You have to go into the next workout with the mentality that you MUST get at least ONE more perfect rep for each exercise, at least!

    Let the reduced calories you are going to consistently eat take care of the fat; I strongly suggest you focus more of your energies on getting stronger by attempting to increase your reps each and every workout.

    I look forward to hearing about your progress my friend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN!!!! And, happy birthday on June 3rd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Muata, thanks for the suggestions, I am trying them out now. I will keep ya posted.

    I do like mixing it up some.

    A Cowboy from Texas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quiltblue----thanks for the comment.Got to ger er done

    ReplyDelete