Monday, May 4, 2009

The Blog and the mirror

I spoke before about this blog being a great tool for keeping me honest and I thought about that over the weekend.

I am beginning to realize how much the blog is like a mirror. When I look in the mirror there is no one there that I can lie to.The face in the mirror knows the truth. The face in the mirror is not impressed with some bullshit story about how hard I worked or how little I ate. He is not swayed by the fact that by eating broccoli I offset the 6 glazed doughnuts.

The face in the mirror does not care if I worked hard or what I ate, the face in the mirror knows if I am telling the truth or lying.What he does with this knowledge means the difference between learning from my education and remaining where I am at.

Albert Einstein is quoted as "INSANITY--doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results". Now that cat must have been pretty smart!!If the truth was know I bet he was a cowboy.

So, to me this blog is like the mirror in that I could type in any bullshit story I want and few would know the difference--me being one of the few.

I think the person who reads my posts the most often is me.I have been going back and reading what I wrote just to see what I was thinking(reflecting I guess).You know from reading what I wrote as little as 3 months ago I can tell when I was down and when I was thrilled---why?--because I know the truth.

I would encourage anyone starting a trip like mine to start a blog about the journey.It has done wonders for me.

Pearl of Wisdom from the mind of WEL
Be careful what toes you step on in life, ya never know when they will be connected to an ass you have to kiss someday.

2 comments:

  1. My blog has done wonders for me too. Though sometimes I can not bring myself to read some of my posts back. They make me cringe.

    The Einstein quote makes a lot of sense.

    And your last sentence... *nods*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks , I enjoy it almost as much as walking--and getting comments!!

    ReplyDelete