Monday, May 18, 2009

Everyone loves a fat man

Howdy from the land of cheap bourbon whiskey and pearl snap shirts.

Well not really cheap bourbon whiskey I only drink Crown but you get the drift!!

For a long time I remember hearing the expression that Everyone Loves a Fat Man.I guessed this was because most of us fat men were funny and jovial and generally fun to be around. I think I was fun to be around--if I wasn't bitching or moaning. The point is I was always making some kinda joke or coming up with a "pearl of wisdom".

I remember telling people"if everyone in the world was a big as me--well we would all be closer together".What a load of crap! In reality I would joke about my weight in an effort to hide my embrassment about it. For decades I would not wear a pull over shirt because they showed all the flab I had.

Now don't get me wrong I am not a modest person but that don't mean I felt good about my size or my shape. It does not mean I was not offended by people making comments about my fat or about me not being able to do anything.I would steer clear of doing things because "I don't like to" when really it was too hard or just not worth it.

It is really sad to think of how little I cared about myself years ago or how little confidence I had.Outwardly I think it did not show too much.But hey, the past is past, now looking ahead, I can see a whole hell of a lot better things down the road.

Just this weekend I got me a cap and a Headsweat bennie to wear walking , to keep the sweat out of my eyes.My darling wife said'You are really changing--2 years ago you would have never worn anything like that> she is mighty right!!

If you think you ought to start this type journey--you probably should.If you think You can't --you are wrong you can.It is worth it and you know it down deep. Come travel with me, I feel like I got this trip by the ass on a down hill drag.

oh yea, I got a new saying----if everyone would lose as much fat as me, there would be a lot more room in the world!!

Pearl of Wisdom from the mind of WEL
Everyone loves a fat man--except the Fat Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment