Friday, May 22, 2009

So I'm a Little Slow

Howdy from the land of prickly pear and honeysuckle!

Well I guess I'm just a little slow sometimes. Yep, I know that may surprise ya but I am.

I was looking at my day book and my fat loss vs. my energy equation stats and it hit me---if I target eating enough calories for my RMR each day , then all my Active calories burned will be fat lose.Duh!!

Basically that is what I have been doing for months.Like yesterday I burned 3365 total calories with 1284 being active calories burned.This equates to a RMR of 2081 calories.My average calorie intake this week is running 2100 so that is being burned by my RMR. If I can cipher right that means I was deficit 1284 calories yesterday and that is good for my journey.

Now ,if anyone is wondering if this is sustainable for me the answer is no. Let me explain---I don't think I could cut this much calories every day for weeks/months. I look for weekly/monthly averages. When I began to feel deprived or run down I just relax and eat a little more or do a little less for a day or two. Then I ease back down into my target for several days.

This way being calorie deficient is not a constant drain on me and I still burn some fat.So far it is working. I know at some point I will need to gradually taper off to a balance point, but for me that is still down the road.

Just think someday I'll be sitting here talking about maintaining my weight---someday!

Well I got to run--well walk anyway--I got to go Full Pak Trakin and I can hear an apple calling when I finish.

Pearl of Wisdom from the mind of WEL
Gnaw on your problems like a dog with a bone, pretty soon it's all chewed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment