Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Look Janet No Hands!

Howdy from the land of sticker burs and doodle bugs.

On Thursday of last week I got home and did my chores. I ate a little supper and sat on the patio , admiring me and Janet's handiwork.It is looking good out back.

When it came time to walk on the treadmill and do my Turbulence exercises, I got my iPod and went at it.Now a year ago when I started this journey one thing that really concerned me was my lack of balance. I could not walk on the treadmill without holding the hand rails. If I turned lose I would lose my balance.I don't have this problem when walking down the street----and yes I can walk and chew gum at the same time.

Well I have been working on walking on the treadmill and using no hands to balance myself for some time.And SLOWING I have been improving.

Thursday I walked the whole 30 minutes hands free! I think it is harder to walk while swinging my hands than just holding on the rails and I know I have to concentrate more on what I am doing. But I can see some improvement none the less.

So, as you can see the Fat Loss Journey is not only about losing flab, it is also about gaining muscle and confidence and balance---hell who knows I may take up the trapeze one day!

Oh and Friday morning I weighed in at 227.4.that ciphers up to 77.6 pounds of lard gone.Good damn thing I couldn't pour it down the drain, it would be stopped up now.

If ya think you can't start a journey, you can, I started one. Stay with me while I continue down the fat loss highway.One step at a time, one Pound at a time.

Pearl of Wisdom from the mind of WEL
To Quote John Wayne---Life is tough, it is really tough if you're stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment